Below is a copy of the check-in instructions mailed to all participating groups in the Festival and in the Parade. There are separate instructions for each. It is being provided on line to make sure everyone receives a copy.
FESTIVAL CHECK -IN
Confirmation & Check-In Instructions for PrideDay 2018
Sunday, June 10 RAIN or SHINE! Noon ‘til 6pm
There are no Festival Admission Wristbands in this envelope! The person checking in at festival will be given all of your wristbands and will be responsible for getting them to your staff.
(1) Please Check the boxes below if what you registered for, if it is wrong, call office “ASAP” 215-875-9288 Ask for Franny or Nick
(2) Check-In time is 8:30am for any RV’s, Trucks, Vans & Food Trucks
(3) Check-In is between 9am – 11am for anyone having just a vending space.
(4) Everyone must check in at the registration table to find out where your assigned space is.
(5) Check-in is located at the parking lot area located Columbus Blvd. & Walnut St. The parking lot entrances are at Columbus Blvd. & Market St. and Columbus Blvd & Walnut St. There will be a parking charge ($18-$20) to enter the parking lot and you will be able to park all day after you check in. Place the PrideDay Mirror Hanger Card with your name and spot # on your mirror. Our Parking Coordinator will show you where you can park for the day. The mirror hanger is not a parking pass — this for your car’s security. Our team will know whose car it is in case something happens.
(6) Your space comes with one table and one chair. If you would like to rent extra chairs or another table tell the registration co-chair.
(7) Table/Chair Rental agent is at registration check-in.
(8) If you would like our set up crew to help you get your things to and from your vending space with a Golf Cart, there is a $25 fee. You can pay for this service at the registration check-in table. If you prepaid for a golf cart, a golf cart card is stapled to the bottom of this sheet. Don’t separate until you check in and need it for service and do not give card to golf cart driver, you will need it if you want golf cart service when checking out.
(9) To make sure you are set up in the correct assigned spot, your table and chair will be at your assigned spot.
(10) No vehicles will be allowed near the Check-In area after 11am.
(11) If your group is participating both in the parade & festival, make sure you have someone assigned to check in and set up between 8:30am 11am at the festival. You cannot check in and set up while the attendees in the parade are coming in.
(12) The person checking in will receive the 4 festival admission wristbands and will be responsible for getting them to your staff. Anyone not having a wristband will have to pay the $15 admission fee. PrideDay Festival is the actual fundraiser that has to pay for all of the PrideDay activities & expenses, so anyone not having one of the 4 wristbands will have to pay for admission. Wristbands will be on sale at the kick-off block party 12th & Locust Streets on Friday night for $10 per wristband.
(13) NEW THIS YEAR!!! If you gave us a table/chair security deposit, it will be refunded to you before June 30, 2018. When breaking down, the level coordinator will show you where to put your table on your level. They will have you signed the card that you left your table/chair where you are supposed to and give it to you to give to the Registration chair. Everyone is responsible for breaking down their vending space. We will not return security deposit if table/chair that was left in spot and does not have level coordinator signature on card.
(14) You are given an assigned space in advance. If you are unhappy with your space, we will not be able to move you until 11am. Please do not move yourself. You might be in someone else’s assigned space or even in an area that is not designated for vending. Volunteers cannot move you. Only the Festival Coordinators Chuck, Sal and the Registration Chair Stephanie can move you.
(15) Space is dictated by layout of the Great Plaza. You can’t expand beyond your assigned 6’ or 10’ space. There is someone adjacent to you.
(16) Vending is from 12pm and 6pm. Do not check out until 6pm.
(17) As the organizing committee, we reserve the right to remove anyone from the festival who is not conforming to our reasonable restrictions. We reserve the right to prohibit the display of any signs or products that in our sole opinion are not in keeping with the nature and character of the event.
(18) You are NOT PERMITTED TO SELL ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES or BRING IN YOUR OWN ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES TO DRINK
(19) You are only allowed to sell or distribute food/water of any kind if you are registered as a food vendor.
(20) Please do not place any stickers on any poles, walls, booths and fencing on festival property.
(21) Electric sources are limited and you must have already registered for it.
(22) The festival is handicap accessible down the walk of first ramp or thru parking lots and there are plenty of clean restrooms.
(23) Our PrideDay Committee, Board of Directors, Staff, Security Team and Volunteers will be visible and at your disposal all day (wearing I.D. and official PrideDay t-shirt). Pride Central is located near blue sound structure on middle first landing
(24) Food Vendors must take oil/grease with you and dispose of all garbage appropriately.
(25) No Nudity or walking around with pasties, tape on nipples or barely covered private parts. You will be asked to cover up or asked to leave the festival if you are in violation. Please remember this is a family friendly event!
(26) We will be selling discounted wristbands ($10) Gay Pride Weekend Kick-Off Block Party Friday June 8th. If you want to buy wristbands in bulk for your group at a discounted rate you will have contact Franny at Philly Pride “ASAP” to make arrangements to pick them up before June 8th. 215-875-9288
(27) Please tell volunteers, staff and members attending that backpacks will be inspected. Avoid bringing them.
(28) Please do not call the office on PrideDay. We will not be there, we will be on location of the parade & festival
[ ] 6ft space [ ] 10ft space [ ] Golf Cart [ ] RV Truck Van
[ ] Total Space Requested ______________ft [ ] Parade (on other side)
Parade kicks off on time at 11:30am!
Do not arrive by west of Broad Street or on Broad Street before 10am. Parade of Cars on Broad Street until 9:30am
(1) There is a parade on Broad Street going down to Stadium. They should all be though by 9:30am. Please do not take Broad Street until after 9:30am.
(2) Please Check in at 13th & Locust Streets. The Parade Coordinator will be on the North East Corner (corner of parking lot)
(3) Walking Group – Arrive between 10:30 & 11am
Float, Truck, Van, Car – Arrive before between 10am & 10:30am. We can get your vehicle placed in your number spot in the line-up.
(4) If you arrive before 9:30am, do not park your vehicle near the corner of 13th & Locust Streets.
(5) Do not allow anyone you do not know personally to put any bags, boxes, back packs, duffle bags on your float, truck or vehicle.
Be aware of your surroundings and tell the police present or pride coordinators anything suspicious you might see.
(6) Each and every group has an assigned placement in the parade. You must check in. When you check in, the Parade Coordinator will give you a card with your group’s number. Please line your group/vehicle in that number space and designate someone with your group to act as your group’s marshal. Your group marshal, along with our parade marshals, will help keep your group moving so there are no gaps and maintain proper spacing.
(7) When your group reaches the reviewing stand, the reviewing stand coordinator will ask the marshal for your number so that the announcer can identify your group. It is important to stay in numerical order. The judges and announcers have a list of the groups participating in numerical order. If you have something you want said about your group, have someone run up ahead to give to Reviewing Stand Announcers (no advertisements or promotions) — only history or theme of your presentation.
The parade ends at Front & Chestnut Streets. There are no more ramps going down to parking lot. All vehicles/float will have to continue on Front Street after dropping off passengers at Chestnut Street.
(8) If you would like to park at Festival, continue down Front Street, turn left on Dock Street and turn left on Columbus Blvd. to festival entrance. There will be a parking fee. We have no control over parking fees — traditionally $18-$20 for day
(9) People walking in parade will continue over Market Street until Front St, turn right on Front until Chestnut, and continue walking over the Chestnut Street 95 overpass until entrance to Festival.
(10) Please tell the people in your group not to “throw,” but to “toss” things in the crowd. They must watch where they are tossing them. Be careful not to hit anyone in the face.
(11) The length of the parade is 1.3 miles.
(12) This year, a Pride 5K & Fun Run Race will start right before the Parade kicks off. After all the runners have left the parade staging area, the traditional moment of silence and roaring of bikes will kick off the parade.
(13) All groups doing a presentation/performance or display will be allowed 3-4 minutes at each of the following presentation spots.
12th & Locust Streets, 11th & Locust Streets, Judges Reviewing Stand on Market between 6th & 5th, and 2nd & Market St.
When performing in front of the reviewing stand please have your sound in front of you and perform in middle of street so both sides of street can see you. Sound travels better when in front of you and you have whole street to perform, rather than just judges seeing you.
(14) All groups walking will be given their own space and time to walk in front of the reviewing stand.
(15) The Reviewing Stand Announcers will announce the winners from the main stage at the Festival. PGN will also list the winners
Philly Pride will contact winners the week after PrideDay where they can pick up trophy. There will be no trophies at festival.
(16) Please do not respond or get confrontational with any rowdy parade watchers or protestors! Ignore them because they want a reaction and any confrontation will be a distraction & disruption to the parade.
(17) There is a $15 admission fee into the Festival. Participating in the parade does not entitle you to free admission.
(18) Restrooms are at the William Way LGBT Community Center (Juniper & Spruce), and Gayborhood Bars/Restaurants serving Brunch. There are Portable Toilets at 13th & Locust.
(19) Public nudity is against the law. It is actively discouraged.
(20) Any groups doing a presentation are to remember this is family friendly parade. Please be respectful.
(21) Please dispose of any trash you have in trash cans along parade route. Do not litter!
(18) Please check out our website for up to date information www.phillygaypride.org
(19) Security will be inspecting backpacks, bags & containers at festival entrance. We discourage anyone in your group in bringing them.
As the organizing committee, we reserve the right to prohibit the display of any signs or products that, in our sole opinion, are not in keeping with the nature and character of the LGBT Pride Parade.
Parade Route – Kick off 13th & Locust Streets, continues East until 7th Street, turns left on 7th Street, continue on 7th Street until Market Street, turn left on Market Street (stopping at reviewing stand between 6th & 5th) then continue on Market until Front Street, turn right on Front Street, Parade ends Front & Chestnut Streets.