OutFest consists of approximately 10 square blocks of the Philadelphia “gayborhood.” The street portions in orange represent the principal vending area for our 120+ groups and businesses, each with a 10 foot space. 12th and 13th Streets are closed to vehicular traffic from Walnut to Pine. Locust and Spruce Streets are closed from 11th to Broad (Walnut remains open). Yellow streets are ancillary streets. The streets are closed at 7 am and mass transportation is rerouted. OutFest starts at noon and closes at 6 p.m. but the fun continues in Gayborhood businesses.
Some Special Events:
(1) The Gloria Casarez mural on St. James street will be dedicated during OutFest.
(2) Mark Segal, Philly Gay News publisher, will have the first public unveiling of his book “And Then I Danced.” He will be signing books. Look for his table!
(3) If you haven’t seen the rainbow crosswalks at 13th and Locust, now is a wonderful chance to do so.
(4) There is no Bazaar on Quince this year.
(5) Women’s Party moved to 12th Street.